Home Health Aide/CNA
Division: Assisted Living
Responsible to provide personal cares per individualized care plans as necessary to maintain the personal comfort of the client; also responsible for observing and reporting any changes in a patient’s condition. Responsibilities include:
1. Performs personal care activities, including but not limited to bathing, skin care/nail, oral hygiene, shaving, and dressing.
2. Performs simple procedures as an extension of therapy sessions under the direction and supervision of the therapist.
3. Assist with ambulation, transfers and exercise.
4. Performs household services essential to health care at home.
5. Assist in the administering of medications and treatments that are ordinarily self-administered under the direction and supervision of he registered nurse.
6. Observes and reports any changes in patient’s condition.
· Records data according to procedure and reports changes.
·Responds to emergencies.
7. Communicates effectively with all members of the interdisciplinary team.
8. Performs homemaker’s duties as assigned to include, but not limited to: cleaning, shopping, cooking, etc.
9. Performs additional tasks as assigned by the Director of Outreach.
Must have successfully completed the 75-hour Nursing Assistant course. Documentation must be provided.
Must be at least 18years of age.
6-month of direct care experience within previous two years preferred.
Ability to effectively communicate both in written and verbal form in English.
High school graduate (or equivalent) preferred.
Be able to work in a variety of client home settings with possible exposure to second hand smoke, pets, and various cleaning chemicals.
Strong problem solving skills are necessary.
Must be able to adapt to unpredictable situations and stress.
Works varied hours which may include days, evenings, nights, holidays, and weekends.
Works under the supervisor of a licensed nurse, to use acquired knowledge and skills, using standards of paraprofessional clinical practice and adhering to pertinent federal and state regulations.
Hours: Casual Days, Casual Overnights